Cheese dumplings are liked by even the most picky children, and they are very easy to make. Preparation takes a little bit longer because they have to stay in the fridge for at least half an hour, so that the semolina absorbs the liquid and so that the mixture is firmer.
They are soft and delicious, and I often use them as a healthy snack for the youngest.
Ingredients for Cheese dumplings (for 2 persons):
- 500 g of cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 5 big spoons of flour
- 5 big spoons of semolina
- 150 g of breadcrumbs
- little bit of sunflower oil or butter
1. Mix cheese, eggs, flour and semolina with big spoon.
2. Leave it in a fridge for at least half an hour.
3. Toast breadcrumbs on oil or butter.
4. Boil one liter of water in a pot.
4. Take the dough from the fridge, and make little balls with your hands or with a little spoon, and put them in boiling water.
5. They are cooked when they start to float on the surface.
6. Roll them in toasted breadcrumbs.