There is lots of versions of this popular soup, with German origins. Many people made it with meat, but this is the version of my grandma. My familiy always prepare Eingemachtes with only carrot, peas and homemade dumplings.
Ingredients for Eingemaches:
- 2 carrots
- 2 handful of green peas
- 1 onion
- 1 egg and flour for dumplings
- Add 1 spoon of oil in a pot, then put halved onion on it and let it simmer a bit.
- Chop carrots and let it simmer along with the onion. When everything has softened, pour about 750 ml of water and continue cooking.
- Put green peas in boiling water and let it cook, while you are making homemade dumplings.
- Make homemade dumplings from one beaten egg to which you have added flour. Mix and add flour until you get a compact sticky mixture.
- When the vegetables are cooked, let the soup boil and cook the dumplings, adding them spoon by spoon in boilng soup.
- Let it boil for another minute, and it’s done.
Did you make this recipe? Share on Instagram: tag @foodcroatian
Please follow and like us: