An interesting and attractive Fried Egg cake – it looks exactly as the name suggests. This sweet ‘fried’ egg is made of a soft biscuit, vanilla pudding and sour cream, with apricot or peach compote. For a better impression, a Clear Cake Glaze is poured over the cake.
It’s not too sweet, and it will delight you with its creamy and light taste. It goes great with coffee or summer afternoons, and I often make it for Easter as well.
It is not necessary to stand in the refrigerator all night, it takes about an hour for everything to harden, so you will be able to consume it quickly. You can cut it into a circle (as I did), so you’ll get a better impression and maybe really trick someone into serving them an fried egg :) But that way the edges won’t be exactly right unless you’re particularly skilled in cutting. If this is too much for you, cut it into cubes, like any other cake, it will still look great and attractive.
Ingredients for Fried Egg Cake:
- 100 grams of margarine (melted)
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of flour
- 1/2 baking powder
- 6 dcl of milk
- 2 vanilla puddings (in powder)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 sour cream
- Mix the eggs well with the sugar, then add the melted margarine and flour mixed with the baking powder.
- Grease a baking tray with butter, sprinkle with flour and pour the mixture and place in the oven preheated to 180°C (356°F) . Bake for about half an hour.
- For the cream, put 6 dcl of milk to heat. Take 15 tablespoons of milk (while is still cold), mix it with pudding powder, cornstarch and sugar.
- When the milk boils, remove it from the heat and mix the mixture with a whisk. Add 2 sour cream to the hot mixture and mix with an electric mixer.
- Pour the mixture over the hot biscuit.
- Arrange apricots or peaches from the compote over the top, like this:
7. Finally, pour over everything with 2 clear cake glaze (according to the instructions on the bag)
Did you make this recipe? Share on Instagram: tag @foodcroatian