Recipe for traditional Honey Pie is not easy, so I wouldn’t recommend it to beginners. However, if you still decide to devote this Honey pie a little effort and time, you will be delighted with the taste of honey-flavored dough and excellent cream.
This old-fashioned recipe I picked up from my grandmother’s notebook, but after recent events, there are some other associations in me now. I made this pie on March 19, 2020, on Friday. Even though we were in the middle of a Korona virus pandemic, I decided that we would have cakes like every other Friday.
I planned to publish the recipe on the blog on Sunday morning, but on that fateful morning, on March 22nd, 2020, we were awakened by the earthquake that destroyed the center of Zagreb.
We escaped from the houses, and like it wasn’t enough, it start snowing. When we returned inside after a while, this pie was waiting for us on the table and will now remain a symbol of this unfortunate event.
- 500 grams of flour
- 120 grams of honey
- 60 grams of margarine
- 200 grams of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 small bag of baking powder (12 grams)
- 0.5 l of milk
- 200 grams of sugar
- 6 tablespoons of flour
- 2 small bags of vanillin sugars ( 2 x 10 grams)
- 250 grams of margarine
- Knead the dough of the listed ingredients.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces and preferably weigh each one on the scale to be as close as possible to the weight.
- Roll them up and bake them on the reverse side of the baking tray (picture 1.), on which you first put baking paper (the measure is for a smaller baking tray, I put on bigger just so the ends don’t fall over the edge).
- Bake one at a time at 180 ° C for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the cream by starting with cooked milk. Wisk the sugar, vanilla sugar and flour and slowly stir in the hot milk, stirring constantly.
- Return everything to a low heat and cook stirring until thickened.
- Finally, add the well mixed margarine.
- When the crusts are done and cooled, put the cream between them and grate the chocolate on last one (picture 2.).
- Put the finished pie in a cool place and eat the next day.