Fried Meatballs or how we call it Faširanci, is a popular dish in every Croatian cuisine, and they are very easy to make.
Since I have little children, I am making them like little balls in which I add grated carrot. This way, children love to eat them and they also have the addition of healthy vegetables in their meal.
- 500 g of mixed minced meat (pork and beef)
- 1 carrot (finely grated)
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- about 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- half onion (finely chopped)
- spices: salt, ground red pepper, pepper, parsley
- oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients in a plastic bowl, and mix well by hand.
- Adjust the spices to your own taste, and if the mixture is too soft to be finely shaped by hand, add more bread crumbs. It is important that when you take out a ball of meat with a small spoon, that you can shape it with your hands without it falling apart.
- Heat the oil in a pan (it should reach half of the meatball) and start frying little balls of meat . When they turns yellow, turn to the other side.
- Place them on a plate covered with napkins to soak up excess oil.
Since these meatballs are fried in a lot of oil, it is nice to serve mashed potatoes with them (if you serve fried potatoes, your lunch will consist too much oil), and you can also put a spoonful of sour cream on your plates so that the meatballs can be dipped.