These soft yeast rolls have a sweet filling – but WITHOUT SUGAR! I used ground almonds, but you can also use hazelnuts or walnuts, in which I mixed a little honey, maple syrup and cocoa powder. My children love them, and I let them eat as much as they want, because I know that they only contain quality ingredients.
INGREDIENTS FOR Soft yeast rolls with sweet filling:
- 550 g of flour
- 200 ml of lukewarm milk
- 100 ml of water
- 70 g of softened butter
- a cube of fresh yeast (40 grams) or a small bag of dry yeast (7 grams)
- 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon salt
- 200 g ground almonds (or hazelnuts, walnuts…)
- 200 ml of maple or agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (no sugar)
- sesame and flax seeds
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Weigh 550 g of flour and take out one tablespoon, which you will mix in 200 ml of lukewarm milk. Add the yeast (if using fresh, crush it with your hands), and a small tablespoon of sugar.
- Let the yeast rise a little, then add it to the rest of the flour and mix with the addition of 100 ml of lukewarm water and 70 g of softened butter and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Leave the dough to rise for about an hour in a warm place.
- In the meantime, make a sweet filling, for which you will need to grind 200 g of almonds (hazelnuts or walnuts), which you then mix with about 200 ml of agave or maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of cocoa. It is important to get a sticky mixture that does not leak.
- When the dough has risen, divide it into 2 parts.
- Roll out one piece into a rectangle and spread with a sweet filling.
- Then wrap it like a pancake and cut with a knife into triangles so that the narrower part is about two centimeters wide.
- Arrange the rolls on the baking tray on which you have placed the baking paper.
- Beat one egg and spread it on rolls and sprinkle with sesame and flax seeds.
- Turn on the oven to 392°F (200°C), and while heating, repeat the process with another piece of dough.
- When the oven has warmed up, put in the first round of rolls, to bake for about 20 minutes.
- Repeat with the other tray.