One special white cake for Valentines Day made of almonds, white chocolate, whipping cream, berries…
INGREDIENTS for Valentines Day Cake :
- 6 egg whites
- 100 g of sugar
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 50 g of flour
- 1 baking powder
- 100 g of ground and peeled almonds
- 3 egg yolks
- 200 g of white cooking chocolate
- 400 ml whipping cream
- Whipp the egg whites with a mixer and slowly add sugar and vanilla sugar. Whipp until you get firm egg white snow.
- Then reduce the mixer to the slowest speed, and add the flour mixed with the baking powder.
- Finally, add the ground almonds and mix them slowly with spatula.
- Bake the biscuit at 170 °C, about 20 minutes to half an hour.
- Cut the baked and chilled biscuit into two parts (transversely, so you have 2 layers).
- For the cream, melt 200 g of white chocolate on steam.
- Take 1 dcl of 400 ml of whipping cream and add it to the egg yolks.
- Heat the egg yolks and whipping cream over a low heat and stir constantly until the cream thickens.
- When the cream has thickened, remove from the heat and add to the melted white chocolate.
- Whip the rest of the cream (300 ml) into a firm cream and add it to the chocolate cream.
- Spread the cream on one part of the biscuit, then put the other part of the biscuit on it.
- Place the heart mold in the middle of the biscuit, spread the rest of the cream around it and leave it in the fridge overnight to squeeze.
- Since I didn’t have a heart-shaped mold, I made it myself with the help of cardboard, duct tape and aluminum foil.
- When everything is nicely squeezed, take out the mold and fill it with blueberries or some other berries, and decorate with almonds if desired.
Did you make this recipe? Share on Instagram: tag @foodcroatian